Have you ever flipped on your lights at night and noticed something scurrying across your counter? You may need cockroach control from James River Pest Solutions.
German Cockroaches hide in the cracks and crevices of your home and appliances and, at first, come out to feed at night. As the infestation continues to grow, you’ll eventually even see them during the daytime as well.
You can be the neatest, cleanest person in the world and still develop a cockroach infestation. They’ll hitch a ride any way they can.
And unfortunately, German cockroaches have been identified as carriers of many pathogens that cause illnesses.
When you first see a scurrying roach, call James River Pest Solutions to eradicate the entire population in your home.
Joe has been working with us over the last two years. We started off in a new home with an existing German Cockroach problem. Joe evicted them with quickness and has kept our home/property pest free. His prices are fair, and he has a wealth of knowledge to share.Kevin D.
Recognize the Signs of a Cockroach Infestation
If you think you have an infestation, you most likely do. These are the things homeowners can look for to ensure the issue is roaches.
- Small, black fecal droppings the size of a grain of sand
- Large, rounded egg cases with a brownish color
- Dead roaches in hiding spots like under the fridge or sink
- An oily musk odor penetrates the food you eat
Preventing Cockroaches in Your Virginia Home
Clearly, an immaculate home is the best way to a pest-free home, but it is not always a guarantee that you will never have a roach problem.
A professional pest control maintenance plan is the only way to keep the roaches under control in the state of Virginia.
Let’s go over a few things homeowners can do to keep the problem down between pest control visits:
- After food preparation and meals, wipe off the tables, counters, and stovetops.
- If you eat on the couch, run a quick vacuum on the cushions and floor after eating.
- Keep your food confined to specific areas of the house as much as possible.
- Keep a tight lid on pet food containers, and don’t leave the bowl out overnight.
- Clean up drink and food spills right away.
- Store all dry pantry food in tightly sealed containers.
- Ensure the garbage cans in the home have tight-fitting lids.
- Wash all your dirty dishes as soon as possible.
- Don’t keep piles of boxes, cardboard, and newspapers inside or outside of the home, as these make great hiding places for many kinds of roaches.
- Repair leaky pipes, toilets, and faucets since moisture is essential to insect survival.
- Seal all cracks and crevices throughout the home. That way, you eliminate easy entry points for insects to get inside your home. You might want to check around your plumbing, electrical, and gas lines as well.
However, if the filthy cockroaches persist, call out the professionals for roach removal.
Quality Cockroach Control for Your Home
It is no surprise that cockroach removal is a significant part of the pest control industry in Virginia. They are found in homes, businesses, churches, public spaces, and just about everywhere else.
When you contract with an exterminator to get the cockroaches out, here is what you can expect from the technicians:
- They will locate the roach activity and hiding spots.
- Next, they will figure out what attracted them to your home in the first place.
- Then the exterminator will look for the potential entry points and seal them if the homeowner would like.
- Finally, they will spray for the cockroaches inside and out.
In addition, when you enroll in a preventative pest solution agreement, the chances of getting bugs are significantly lower. Of course, you can always give us a call if you get a bug problem of any sort.
James River offers its customers a range of preventive and responsive cockroach extermination solutions delivered by trained and dedicated pest professionals.
James River Pest Solutions Gives You Peace of Mind
Your James River Service will cover you for a wide variety of pests, including termites, ants, cockroaches, spiders, centipedes, millipedes, crickets, wasps, flies, pantry pests, mice, and rats. Our professional pest experts will provide quality customer service and more.
Call us at (804) 993-4877 or click the free inspection button below.