Undoubtedly, bed bugs are a health threat and are one of the most formidable pests to eradicate. You see, bed bugs are quite tiny, and they are so challenging to locate. What’s worse, they feed on human blood. The good news is that the experts at James River Pest Solutions can get rid of the bed bugs in your home.
When you first recognize the signs of a bed bug infestation, call James River Pest Solutions at (804) 993-4877 to eradicate the entire population — fast!
Flexible & Easy Financing
James River Pest Solutions partnered with Wisetack to offer our customers flexible financing options. Finance up to $25,000 and select from up to 6 different payment plans. With Wisetack, there are no origination, prepayment, or late fees, and there is no compounding interest.
Recognize the Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation
Bed bugs are experts at hiding — until you are bitten in the night. Female bed bugs lay 500 eggs in a 4-6 month life space, so you can see how fast an infestation can occur in a short period of time.
These are the things homeowners can look for, and smell for, to determine if they have bed bugs:
- The bugs are 5mm across and are a reddish-brown color.
- You will see tiny dots of dark blood on your bedsheets and mattress.
- Red stains on the bed are where a bug has been smashed
- Small, light-yellow things may be shells, eggs, or shed skin.
- Bed bugs have a musty, sweet smell, often compared to berries.
If you think you have bed bugs, place the bug in a jar and call your local exterminator. James River will take a look and identify the types of bugs you have in the jar and will then perform a thorough inspection of your home.
Free Bed Bug Inspection
Call James River at (804) 993-4877 or contact us online.
Help Control a Bed Bug Infestation
Once there is a confirmed infestation, the real work can begin. It is best if the homeowner can help control the infestation by the following methods:
- Vacuum the bed, the mattress, and the room the bugs are located. Then vacuum all the spots they could be hiding. Your pest control expert can help with the possible locations.
- Once the home is thoroughly swept, seal the vacuum bag into a plastic trash bag and throw it away. Then clean the entire machine well.
- Take all bed sheets and other linens near the infestation and put them into plastic bags until you are ready to wash them. Launder the linens in the hottest setting possible and dry them thoroughly.
- Anything unable to be washed in the washer should be placed in the dryer on high heat to kill bugs- around 30 minutes or so.
- Furniture that is infested is best tossed out if you cannot clean it well.
- Check other spots like magazine or book piles, clothing stacks, or anything stored on or near the bed.
Then to get ready for the treatment, tape outlets and move the bed away from the walls. Then you are prepared for the professionals to come in.
Professional Quality Bed Bug Elimination Measures
Discretion is critical when there is a bed bug infestation. We know that. We will come in like any other preventative pest control treatment and take care of the bed bugs once and for all.
In addition, when you enroll in a preventative pest solution agreement, the chances of getting bed bugs are significantly lower. Of course, you can always give us a call at (804) 993-4877 if you get a bug problem of any sort.
James River offers its customers a range of preventive and responsive bed bug extermination solutions delivered by trained and dedicated pest professionals.
Your James River Service will cover you for a wide variety of pests, including termites, ants, cockroaches, spiders, centipedes, millipedes, crickets, wasps, flies, pantry pests, mice, and rats. Our professional termite experts will provide quality customer care and more.