Spiders live outdoors, where they can build their webs and catch their prey. You’ll find them in places such as shrubs, bushes, holes in the ground, gardens, woodpiles, and rock piles. But if they move inside for the hot, hot summer months or the cold, cold winter months, you may need Spider Control from James River Pest Solutions.
Spiders will build a web in your attic, closets, storage boxes, basements, and under just about anything in your home. James River Pest Solutions offers Spider Control for all residential clients.
Recognizing the Spiders of Virginia
The two most common spiders in Virginia are the wolf spider and the house spider. But many different species of spiders live in and around homes in Virginia. Some make webs, such as the cellar spider. Like the wolf spider, others are free-roaming and do not make webs.
Here are some of the spiders of Virginia:
- Black Widow Spiders
- Brown Recluse Spiders
- Cellar Spiders
- Wolf Spiders
- House Spiders
- Sac Spiders
- Orb-Weaver Spiders
Most of these spiders are harmless and, in fact, beneficial because they prey upon other pests in and around your home. And the majority of spiders have fangs too small or weak to puncture our skin. Those capable of biting humans generally will not do so unless they are harmed or feel threatened.
Only two spiders pose a significant health risk in Virginia: The Black Widow and the Brown Recluse.
If you don’t know much about arachnids, please don’t attempt to capture and identify them. You may think you are cornering a harmless spider, but you may have a venomous spider instead.
Leave spider identification and spider control to the professional technicians of James River Pest Solutions. Our team will quickly identify the type of spider infestation you are having.
Free Spider Control Inspection
Call James River at (804) 993-4877 or contact us online.
Preventing Spiders in Your Virginia Home
Step one to keeping spiders out of your home is a pest control solution plan for your home and property. Everything else you do will support your local pest control company’s treatments.
Some of the things you can do to help keep spiders and their food supply from nesting in your home include:
- Keep your home, attic, garage, and basement clear and decluttered. And ensure that shoes and clothing are off the floor. Do not stack boxes on the floor or against walls. Spiders will use these areas for shelter. And remove compost piles, woodpiles, and other forms of clutter from your yard.
- Seal any crevices and cracks around your home. And check around pipework, under doors, around molding, and look for holes or dents where spiders can enter the house.
- Vacuum or sweep floors and carpets regularly. This includes spaces beneath furniture, underneath tables, and the insides of cabinets.
- Remove any sign of webs. Search for these cobwebs and more elaborate webs regularly, removing them when they are spotted.
- Create an uninviting environment for the insects that spiders feed on, and be sure to get the home treated regularly.
There are other suggestions your pest solutions company can help you with when they are inspecting the home and property.
And that is why Virginians choose James River Pest Solutions for professional, comprehensive, and guaranteed pest solutions. Our Professionals will work diligently to gain your trust and provide total satisfaction.
Let us show you why James River Pest Solutions is Virginia’s first choice for pest solutions.
Giving You Peace of Mind with Quality Spider Control
Your James River Service will cover you for a wide variety of pests, including termites, ants, cockroaches, spiders, centipedes, millipedes, crickets, wasps, flies, pantry pests, mice, and rats.
When your service is complete we will provide a detailed service report and give recommendations that will, in conjunction with your service, help keep pests out. Remember touchups are free if needed in between regular visits!
Contact James River Pest Solutions today for Spider Control and more!