The first step to getting rats and mice out of your Virginia home is to know why they came in. Clearly, rats and mice want what we have: food, water, and shelter. And all it takes is a hole the size of a pencil eraser for these rodents to get into your home.
If you see droppings anywhere in or around your home or hear noises in your walls or attic, you may have a rodent problem. In that case, you need the professional rats and mice control provided by James River Pest Solutions. We help homeowners prevent rats and mice from ever gaining entry in the first place.
Joe has been fantastic. Had a mouse problem and reached out to multiple pest control places. Joe was the first to call back and was out either that day or the next. Did an inspection, gave a recommendation on a treatment plan and have had absolutely no issues since. Joe always communicates when he will be out to do work and is very personable.Bryan T.
Rats and Mice in Virginia
Have you heard scratching or chewing noises coming from the ceiling or walls? Unfortunately, you may have a rodent problem. And rats and mice don’t only creep you out. They can create many dangers and spread disease to you and your family.
Here are the kinds you’ll find in the area:
Rats: In Virginia, there are Norway Rats and Roof Rats.
Mice: The four most common are House Mice, White-footed Mice, Field Mice, and Deer Mice.
Free Rats & Mice Inspection
Call James River at (804) 993-4877 or contact us online.
The Dangers of Rats and Mice in Your Home
So many homeowners who keep their houses relatively clean ask how they could have a rodent issue. The fact is, rodents are creatures of opportunity and will enter anywhere food, water, and shelter are available. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you have to have a dirty home for rodents to want to come in.
The dangers of rats and mice in your home include the following:
- Rodents bring in all sorts of ticks, fleas, lice, mites, and other parasites from the outdoors. And each of these can make your family and your pets sick.
- They make holes in your walls, siding, and roofing just to gain entry to your home.
- Rats and squirrels cause a significant amount of damage to insulation and building materials in your walls and the attic. Mice do the same but on a much smaller scale.
- All rodents chew wires to file their teeth and use them for nesting supplies. What’s worse, damaged wires may lead to fires in your home.
- The holes they make in the home may allow water into the house, creating the possibility for mold and mildew.
- In the attic, they will leave their excrement wherever they please. In addition, if they decide to urinate in one area, it will eventually seep through the ceiling, leaving an odorous yellow-brown stain.
- If they get into your pantry, they will contaminate the foods they can tear open. And they make a big mess too.
And then there are the diseases they carry. Infections like Lyme disease, hantavirus, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, plague, and tularemia can spread to humans and their pets through their droppings, urine, and saliva.
Eliminating Rats and Mice in Your Home
When you hire James River to help you get rid of the problem, you get more than an extra set of hands. Contact our experts as soon as you notice the rodents in your yard or see one in your home. They provide the following services:
- Inspectors will assess the situation and determine the methods that will be necessary for rodent control.
- They will bring the proper safety gear, tools, traps, and products to use to rid your home of rodents for good.
- Your pest control techs will locate all entry points and get them sealed up.
- Additionally, the technician will clean, sanitize, and deodorize any nested areas when the rodents are gone.
So, do not delay getting the rats and mice removed, the area cleaned out, and the repairs made. It will only result in further and more costly damage. James River Pest Solutions will inspect, clean, and repair the damage to your home efficiently and effectively and work to prevent rodents from ever coming back.
James River Pest Solutions Gives You Peace of Mind
Your James River Service will cover you for a wide variety of pests, including termites, ants, cockroaches, spiders, centipedes, millipedes, crickets, wasps, flies, pantry pests, mice, and rats. Our professional termite experts will provide quality customer care and more.
And if you are in the areas of Metro Richmond, Glen Allen, and Central VA, then James River Pest Solutions is the pest control company for you. Contact our friendly staff as soon as you see evidence of rodents in or around your home.